Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sick of Sickness

This last month has been extremely frustrating and exhausting.  We have literally had one thing after another and sometimes things right on top of the other.  All four of us have been on antibiotics for different reasons this month and today just feels like the last straw for me.  Here is a breakdown of what our last month has looked like.
  • Thursday April 5th - Judah started getting a cold.  That cold lasted over 2 weeks for him
  • Monday, April 9th - Audrey got the same cold and immediately developed an ear infection and sinus infection for which she went on antibiotics.
  • Wednesday, April 11th - Judah got a stomach flu and threw up all night and the next day.
  • Monday, April 16th - Nathan's ear was still bothering him (he got a sinus infection and ear infection when he was in Mexico a few weeks before this, and the first round of antibiotics didn't take care of it).  So he went back to the doctor and was put on a stronger antibiotic with ear drops.
  • Wednesday, April 18th - Judah got an ear infection, most likely from the cold which was just finally ending for him. He went on antibiotics.
  • Sunday , April 22nd - Judah ran a totally random 103 degree fever which went away by that evening and didn't come back.
  • Thursday April 26th - I finally couldn't ignore that I had double mastitis, because along with the pain I'd had for two days I was now running a fever and had flu symptoms, so I went on antibiotics.
That brings us to the final straw...or at least what I hope is the final straw...please Lord let this be the end...
  •  Thursday evening Audrey ran a totally random fever of 103 degrees, so we just assumed it was the same thing Judah had on Sunday.  We did notice what looked like a pimple/bug bite on the thumb of her left hand. 
    • Friday she had some more pimple looking bumps around her mouth and the one on her thumb was a little bigger.  But last night the one on her thumb was starting to crust.  Last night as I put her to bed I was starting to suspect she had a staph infection, but just didn't want to believe it.
    • That brings us to this morning Saturday, April 28th.  The sore on her thumb wasn't any bigger, but wasn't any better and she had more bumps around her mouth and a few were starting to crust as well.  So I took her to Urgent Care and sure enough, she has impetigo (which is a staph infection).  So, she is now on another round of antibiotics as well as a topical antibiotic cream.
    • Impetigo is extremely contagious, so for the next 24 hours until the medicine has made her not contagious, I have to keep the kids apart, wash everything she touches, hope that Judah doesn't touch anything she's played with and wash hands constantly.  We'll know in another 48-72 hours if one of us is going to get it. If we make it past that 3 day mark without getting it, we should be in the clear.
Here are some pics of my poor girl...who is surprisingly happy through this all...



I really should be doing laundry and cleaning right now, but needed an outlet for my frustration about this last month...so I am blogging instead!  This all doesn't even mention the fact that we are on a pretty tight budget and all of these doctor visits and medicines were not a part of that budget this month!  Seriously...the topical cream for the impetigo was $60 all by itself, not to mention that since it's Saturday I had to go to urgent care instead of our normal doctor.  Lord have mercy!  Please pray that this is the end of these bouts of sickness.  This mama needs a break!  I want health and wholeness in our house!  I do thank you Jesus that for each of the things we have come down with there have been wise doctors and medicines to help us. Amen!

1 comment:

Mommy & Daddy Kennedy said...

Thinking of you my friend, hang in there!

Love you,
Carrie