I wanted Audrey's stocking to be pretty and feminine, but not so "little girl" or foo foo, that she would be embarrased by it when she was a teenager. So, I tried to think of something I would have liked when I was 15 or 16. I also wanted it to look similar to Judah's, so you can see below, what I came up with. Here is the making of Audrey's stocking:
Here is the material I chose. I found a material that was similar to Judah's with the gold sequin, but it had a rainbow hue to it. I thought the maroon would be a perfect compliment.
I traced Judah's stocking onto newspaper and used it to cut all my materials. Here you can see the fleece I used for padding, the sequined body of the stocking and the lining.
I'm sewing the body of the stocking. (Inside out of course.)
You can see how I am sewing it all together with the cording for the edges.
Here's how the body turned out.
Then I cut and sewed the cuff and sewed it onto the top of the stocking.
This is all I have left, but for me it's the hardest part. I have to sew the lining on and with it the cording and tassel at the top. It is a lot of material and hard to get it to all line up and not get bunched.
I learned this little trick last year, where you actually slip the lining over the stocking to sew it so nothing will show.
It's all sewn.
Just have to sew the hole I left in the lining and stuff it inside.
It's finished...well, almost!
You can see the one thing missing when I put it up with the other stockings...Audrey's name.
I sketched out her name with the same looking letters as our stockings. Then I traced it onto some tissue paper and pinned it to the cuff.
I then sewed through the tissue paper and cuff. And here is the finished product...
I am really happy with how it turned out. I like that it is similar to Judah's while being feminine and I hope something that Audrey can treasure no matter how old she is!


1 comment:
That is amazing! I love it! You are quite the seamstress! I think she will love it and treasure it forever
Post a Comment