Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3 year old skill

One benefit of living in Phoenix is getting to be outside during most of the fall, winter and spring.  The summer is a little bit unbearable, but still doable (not sure this is a real word, but deal with it!).  Judah LOVES to be outside.  If he could play outside all day every day he would be a happy camper.  So, I am loving that it is gorgeous outside right now, and can enjoy it every bit as much as he does.

One thing he is obsessed with right now is his "bike" (really it's his tricycle, but we all call it his bike) and his scooter, which he got from his Uncle Jon and Aunt Bethanne for Christmas.  I have been told over and over that pedaling a tricycle is a 3 year old skill, then they should be able to ride a 2 wheel bike with training wheels around 4 years old and no training wheels somewhere around 5 years old.  I have seen kids all over the spectrum with this, but these are the stated milestones.  So, I was a little surprised, when it seemed like Judah was starting to actually get the hang of pedaling his tricycle.  He now, has the "know-how" and is perfecting the skill.  He is even becoming more and more adept at actually steering his bike.  I had to get some video to show you my 22 month old who is riding a tricycle!



He also is really good at riding his scooter now, and can push with one leg, while steering, but I didn't get any video of that yet.  Hopefully I will one day soon.

Also, I realize I haven't posted any pictures of Judah lately, so here are some of his recent adventures:

We went to the Phoenix Zoo for the first time with our good friend's the Murphy's:

 He milked a cow for the first time

 I love this picture, he's really seriously going at it!

 He wasn't afraid of the animals...here he is petting a goat

 If I would have let him, he would have climbed right in the cages!


"Hey Nana...I think I'm ready to go ride on Chino with you!  See how good I am at riding a horse?!"

 Heading home from the Zoo with our friends Caden and Caleb

We went to an open gym time at a nearby gymnastics place:
 Seriously...does it get better than this...sliding into a huge foam pit!  Here's the before pic, and then...

 ...here's the after!! I was laughing so hard at this!

 And of course, his current favorite...jumping on the trampoline.  I love that I caught him mid-air with a huge smile on his face!

Judah likes to hang out with his cousin Micah:

We went to our cousin's birthday party and he joined in the water gun fight:
 You can see he is wet and happy here.  Mostly he is wet, because no matter how many times I showed him how to hold the gun, he insisted on holding it this way and squeezing the trigger with his thumb.
 As evidenced in this picture...you can see where the stream of water went.  Right into his face or on his head!  So cute though!


And of course...we spend a lot of time hanging out in our yard:
 I love this picture of my curious little boy!

I think he may be yelling at me here...probably saying "No"...which is his favorite word at the moment!
  

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! Peddling a bike? That is awesome! Emily is just now getting the hang of it!