Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

21 weeks and Swim Lessons

Well, I am officially 21 weeks...actually a few days past now.  So that means we are over halfway to meeting this little girl!  Here are some updated pics of me at 21 weeks:



2 weeks ago we started swim lessons with Judah.  I know...I know, you might be saying, "But, it's only March!"  Well, this is one of the benefits of living in sunny Phoenix, Arizona!  It also doesn't hurt that we are doing the lessons in a "heated" pool. (By heated, I mean it's not freezing!)  The reason we are doing it right now, is our wonderful and amazing friend Mary Jane who is an amazing teacher of swim lessons offered to do them at this time and we jumped on it!  Last year, Judah learned more in one day with Mary Jane than he did in an entire 2 week swim lesson session with the City. 

He is doing awesome, even holding his breath and opening his eyes to go underwater and grab objects.  The only thing he hates is being on his back.  So, that is when we get a very sad crying baby.  Other than that, he is doing awesome, kicking, holding his breath underwater and blowing bubbles.

Here are some pictures that my mom took when she was able to come observe on one of the days:

 Here we are, starting out...hair is still dry

 Mary Jane is telling Judah to take a big breath, so he can swim to me

 And here he is...kicking his legs and holding his breath till he reached me!

 Okay...I'm going to be honest, I hate this picture of me (who knows what face I'm making), but this is supposed to be about Judah, right?  This shows me helping him to go underwater, where he looked for and picked up a toy from the step.

 You can see here, that he was successful, in picking up the pink pool stick.

 Here we are practicing what we hate most, the back float

 At the end of the lesson, we all get together in a circle and sing a song as we do fun motions

 This is still part of the same song, but I love the smile my mom captured on his face!


Warming up with Daddy who was watching from the side.

No comments: