Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Trials and Blessings

This last Sunday started off like any other Sunday, albeit we were a little tired from Christmas the day before.  Judah and I slept in, then got up, got dressed, ate breakfast and then headed off to church to meet Daddy.  After seeing and talking to some friends and dropping Judah off at his class.  I stopped by the restroom before heading up to join Nathan in the Junior High room.  I was shocked and horrified to see that I was bleeding, and not just a little bit.  I immediately started praying and freaking out a bit.  I made my way up to the Junior High room and pulled Nathan out into the hall.  I told him what was happening, and he immediately went in and told one of his leaders they needed to cover for him, then came out and told me he was going to get the car.  I went and got my mom out of service and gave her the keys to my car and asked her to take Judah home after church, because Nathan was taking me to the Emergency Room.

We prayed and cried in the car ride over, pretty sure we were losing our baby.  After a horrible 3 hours of waiting in the waiting room, then another 2 1/2 hours waiting in my ER room, they finally took us back for the promised Ultrasound.  To our surprise and amazement, the tech was able to see that the baby was measuring perfectly and had a heartbeat of 183 beats per minute.  She couldn't find the source of the bleeding, but the baby was great.

When we finally walked out of the ER 8 1/2 hours after walking through those doors, we were exhausted but elated.  Our child was still alive and seemed to be thriving.  I didn't have a reason for the bleeding, but we prayed that it would stop.  By that evening it slowed down and over the last few days I have just been spotting the "old" stuff.  (Nathan joked before we left the hospital that this must be a girl, because she was already costing him time, money and worry!)  That made me laugh, especially after such a long day.

I went for a follow up Ultrasound today with my doctor's office and wonder of wonders, this sweet baby is measuring perfectly...in fact is measuring 3 days ahead of schedule, and the heart rate was 168. God is so good.  As my aunt has been praying for us and for this baby, she has seen the Lord's protective hands around this baby, and I believe that is exactly what He is doing.  Protecting this baby and I pray that He continues to breathe life and His Spirit into this little one. 

Here is a picture of our baby.  You can see the head, body and even the arms and legs perfectly! 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things are going well! It would be funny if the baby turned out to be a girl. I will be praying for you and your little one.

Murphys said...

Praising God with you!!!! When I saw the ultrasound I thought it looked like a girl, (like you can really tell at this stage and I have been wrong before.) :)

Love you guys!
Kirstin

Becky and Cameron Wyatt said...

thinking happy thoughts for you 4! sorry you had a scare like that and the WAIT at the ER must have been a true trial! Becky

Amy said...

CHILLS! That's what reading your blog did to me! I was ready to reach for the tissue and phone and cry along with you - glory praise and honor to the Lord Almighty! The power of prayer never ceases to amaze me. So happy to hear that your little dumpling is right on track!

Love you guys!