Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

Rolling Over

Judah has started doing a couple of new things. He is purposefully reaching out and grabbing and objects or toys that are within his reach. It started with him just batting his arms out without purpose, and he would hit the toy or object. Then he started realizing it would make a sound or move every time he did it, so he would do it more. Then he would start reaching out and actually grabbing the object and trying to pull it closer. You can see this new thing in the pictures below...


Another new accomplishment is Judah has officially rolled over. He did it for the first time a week ago, and I actually missed it!! He was on his tummy, propped up on his elbows, and I went into the kitchen to grab my dinner, when I came back, and sat down, I looked at him and he was lying on his back. It took me a second to realize he must have rolled over all by himself. I was so excited and so bummed at the same time...because I didn't see it! I put him back on his tummy and waited to see if he would do it again, but he wouldn't.

A couple of days later, he was on his tummy again, and this time, I watched him roll over. (Really...it's more like he falls over and then rolls the rest of the way to his back.) I put him back on to his tummy and watched him do it again, and then once more. I excitedly grabbed my camera to tape it...but alas, he would not perform his amazing feat again.

So, on Wednesday night, once again, I saw him roll over from his tummy to his back, so this time I quickly grabbed the camera and put him back on his tummy. Well, I needn't have been in such a hurry...he rolled over to his back, like 10 different times. He seemed to be more purposeful about it now...he would look over to the side and then roll over. I praised him each time, and he would get all excited. Maybe that's why he kept doing it! It's amazing how something so small can bring me so much joy and excitement! I love watching him learn and grow!

Here is a video of one of the times he rolled over that night...


I can't believe what a big boy he is getting to be! I know I'm going to blink and he'll be crawling, then walking, and then graduating High School...wait...I may have skipped a few steps in there. My point is, I know he's going to grow up so fast, and I just want to savor every second of it!

No comments: