Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

1st Week Back to Work

Saturday marked the end of my 8 weeks of maternity leave, and Monday I went back to work. Now, don't get me wrong...I actually really enjoy my job and really like the people I work with, but I dreaded leaving my son. I SOOO enjoyed those weeks with him and Sunday night I was in a bit of a bad mood because I knew everything was changing.

A dear friend of ours runs a daycare out of her home, and she is going to be watching Judah when I am at work. Now, don't get me wrong...I totally love her and am so glad she is able to watch my son, but when I dropped him off Monday and pulled away, I cried. Really, the only thing that made it any easier, was knowing that he would be well taken care of and totally loved on by Jeanne and her children. When I picked him up that afternoon, my heart was put at ease when I learned how well he did. Here I am at the end of the work week now, and he has done FABULOUS over there. He is staying on his schedule, he is sleeping well, and eating well over there. I also know he is having great wake time and having fun and getting great stimulation. So, even though my first choice would be to be home with him and be the one who gets to be with him all the time...since I have to work, I am so glad he gets to be with the Sinclairs. Thank you...my dear and amazing friend for taking care of my PRECIOUS son.

Monday, I was in a meeting with my boss, and when I got out of it and went back to my office (really it's a cubicle) :-) ...I saw this sitting on my desk...


Nathan had stopped by to bring me these, and when I wasn't there he left them on my desk with a sweet note. He brought them to show me how much he loved me and how he was praying for me knowing I was having a tough time leaving Judah to be at work. It TOTALLY made me smile and totally made my day!

One thing that is a blessing is my boss is letting me work part-time in the office and part-time at home. So, I work 4 hours in the office and then come home and work the rest of the day at home. So, at least I don't have to leave Judah ALL day. I'm figuring it all out, but I will tell you, I am totally exhausted by the end of the day.

So, another milestone was reached this last weekend. Judah turned 8 weeks old on Saturday and we "graduated" him to sleeping in his crib from the basinet. He has been sleeping in there every night and every nap, and is doing great. I took some pictures, because I think he looks so cute, being so small in such a "BIG" bed! :-)

(Don't worry...I know you aren't supposed to have stuffed animals or blankets in the crib with him, I will be getting them out of there, but as of right now, with the sleep positioner and his inability to roll over or move much, he has no way of getting anywhere near them.)




ISN'T HE CUTE!!!!!!

1 comment: