Nathan and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 1/2 years. We did get pregnant one time, but lost the baby at 9 weeks. About 8 months after the miscarriage, we both had testing done, and the doctors told us that we would have a difficult time ever conceiving a baby naturally. Even after medications, surgery and life-style changes, our chances never improved. Our fertility specialist told us that we could attempt some medical procedures to get pregnant, but our chances were still pretty low. We did attempt this, but it never worked. We knew that God is the one who creates life, but we were willing to try everything we could, because we longed for a baby! We long for children in our lives.
Well, about 2 weeks ago on Sept. 5th, we found out that WE ARE PREGNANT!!!! And not from any medical help, either. By all intents and purposes, this baby should not exist. It definitely was not from our doing. This is our Miracle Baby…truly a gift from God!
We are so excited, but are asking everyone to join us in praying for this little one. We are praying that every cell division goes perfectly and that the Lord will sustain this child as He breathes life into him/her. I have been feeling good….every now and then some slight nausea and tiredness…but other than that, I feel pretty good.
We had a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday, Sept. 17th and they did an Ultra Sound. I was only 6 weeks and 3 days, which is pretty early and I was really nervous. I had been battling fear, because the last time I was there, it was such a devastating experience. One thing I was praying was that the Lord would give us total and clear confirmation that everything was fine at every single doctor’s appointment…that there would never be questions or gray areas. (You can continue to join me in this prayer if you want!)
Anyway…so I knew that at 6 weeks, it was a little early to see the heart beat. I knew that they may see it or they may not, but it really wouldn’t mean anything either way. But as I said…I didn’t want any gray areas. So, I got back to the room and laid down on the table. The US tech put the gel on my abdomen and began to look with the Ultra Sound. He found my uterus and the yolk sac with no problems…and then we saw the baby. (This was amazing in itself, because the last time I was pregnant I went in for my first US at 7 weeks, and they had a hard time finding the baby so they had to do a vaginal US…and when they did, the baby was measuring a week behind and the heart beat was only in the high 80’s.)
So, not only did he see the baby, the baby measured 6 weeks 1 day, which is perfect, because I really had no idea when I ovulated, and we could see the heartbeat…as clear as day. Not only could we see it, but he turned up the machine, and we could actually hear the heartbeat, which is almost unheard of this early. Most people can’t hear the heartbeat till their past 9 or 10 weeks. The heart beat was a strong 142 beats per minute, so that was perfect as well! So, we were ecstatic and continue to pray for God’s hand of protection on this precious baby.
Here’s the ironic thing….my due date is May 10th which is Mother’s Day this next year! I think God has an awesome sense of humor and a way of showing us, through every single detail, that this has Him written all over this! This child is His and we are just so excited that He has chosen us to be His stewards and to have the privilege of raising this little one!


1 comment:
Every time I have come to your blog I have always wished that I could leave a comment! Well, the ever so bright me just figured out that I can! I'm so excited that I forgot what I wanted to say!;-)
This is so exciting and I love your blog! It's crazy to think that the baby's sex has already been determined, but you have to wait 198 days to find out what it is! (Well, I guess you don't have to, but you get my point!)
I love you guys and I pray regularly for you and baby Bentley!
Post a Comment