Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

8 week pictures

This week, the baby is about the size of a blueberry, or the size of a kidney bean...


Here's a couple pics of where the baby is at in development...

Here's what the baby looks like at 8 weeks...

Here's what's happening this week:

  • Cartilage and bones begin to form - At the end of this week your baby will have already completed 1/5th of the journey 'til his birthday!
  • The basic structure of the eye is well underway - The position is more "newborn" like already!
  • The tongue begins to develop
  • Intestines move out of the umbilical cord into the abdomen.
  • Body grows and makes room - Two months along and this little one is growing inside and out by leaps and bounds!
  • The fingers and toes have appeared but are webbed and short
  • Baby's length (crown to rump) is 0.61 inch (1.6cm) and weight is 0.04 ounce (1gm)


Here's me at 8 weeks...Not much change yet, though I can feel my stomach muscles relaxing. I'm just starting to feel a little fat! :-)

I am definitely feeling more tired and still slightly nauseous at different times...not usually the morning, though I have had one or two. It's usually in the evenings or when I've gone to long without eating. Otherwise I can't complain. So, far I have felt great and really love being pregnant! I am already so in love with our son or daughter and can't wait to hold him or her in my arms! 2 months down and 8 more to go...by that I am counting a month as every 4 weeks. So, 8 weeks down, 32 more weeks to go! YAY!

No comments: