Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

Love Random Holidays!

I love these random Monday holidays, and since Nathan and I work in the same place, we both get all the same holiday's off.  The biggest reason I love them, is that all the usual housecleaning, laundry and chores have been done over the weekend as usual, so when we have a Monday holiday, like MLK day, any down time we get is truly down time!

We went for a fun bike ride to the park today.  I pulled Audrey in the bike trailer (Nathan rigged her carseat to fit in it, so she was perfectly snug and safe and Judah rode his own bike all the way to the park and back!  He is such a big boy and listened to us perfectly!  Here is a picture I took with my phone during the ride.



The best part about today is I made a very good smelling crock pot dinner (Chicken and Dumplings).  This means I only had to take a little bit of time this morning to prepare it, throw it all in the crock pot, and have been smelling the yummy goodness cooking all day.  Therefore, saving me from slaving in the kitchen to make dinner this evening, making this an even more wonderful day off.  We got home from our bike ride and I did the last part of the preparation and we are about to sit down to our yummy dinner in just a few minutes.  This is what I made, and here is a link to where I got the recipe.  I'll have to get back to you later on how it was received by the boys in the family...especially Judah who is my toughest food critic.  There is very little that pleases our picky toddler!


**UPDATE** - It was a massive success, ladies and gentlemen!!  Not only did Nathan go back for seconds, Judah loved it and ate every bite!  For those of you who know Judah, this is an AMAZING if not unbelievable feat...therefore I took pictures to prove it!




 Look...an empty bowl!  I literally can't remember the last time he ate EVERYTHING...if it wasn't pizza or corndogs!

YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M MAKING THIS AGAIN...and AGAIN!  It was so yummy and such a hit with everyone!  I highly recommend it!  :-)

No comments: