Last night and today I’ve been struggling with feeling like I’m not even pregnant I’m just getting fat! You know how your mind plays tricks on you?! Well, I feel so good, or I should say so “normal” lately, that I don’t feel pregnant. So, my mind starts saying, maybe something happened, and your just gaining weight because you're eating so much, that’s why your stomach’s getting big. I know it’s stupid…I have to fight the enemy daily sometimes!In fact, when I told Nathan how I was feeling, or what I was thinking, he said..."Are you crazy?" (Not in a mean way) "I can totally tell you are pregnant. That is definitely a pregnant belly...you aren't just getting fat." He made me feel better, but I still have to fight the thoughts the enemy likes to send my way.
On a side note…I actually think I might have felt the baby move last night, but I only felt it once and haven’t felt it since. I felt these 4 quick light taps on the right side of my abdomen. At first I thought I was just feeling my pulse again, but it was just those four and then it stopped and I didn’t move or change position. (Sometimes when I bend over or put my elbows on my knees I can feel my pulse in my abdomen…I know it’s my pulse and not the baby, because I feel the pulse in my neck and it matches…but this seemed like it was different.) Again…I’m not 100% sure, because it was so quick and only that one time, but it’s the first time where I felt like it could have been the baby and actually told Nathan about it.
I can't wait to move forward in this journey and one day hold this precious one in my arms! I know you're thinking it's crazy for me to be struggling with thoughts like I've been having the last two days, but I didn't say I was being rational! :-) Stay tuned...I'm sure I'll have more crazy rants and feelings as I get closer to the big day!


2 comments:
Awesome picture! I remember feeling that way too and I'd forget I was pregnant. That will all too quickly change and you'll have plenty of aches and so on to complain about!
Christy,
It is so fun to see your updates....about not feeling pregnant, have you compared your first and latest pictures? Totally a pregnant belly! You look adorable :)
Love Tiff
Post a Comment