So, we went in today for our 10 week ultra sound, and God ABUNDANTLY answered my prayers. I asked that the baby would measure at least 9 1/2 to 10 weeks in size and that the heartbeat would be clear and strong. Well, God gave me so much more!
I am 10 weeks and 3 days today, and the baby was measuring a very healthy 10 weeks and 6 days! The heartbeat was clear and strong at 173 beats per minute. The greatest gift we received today though was to see the baby moving and stretching, bouncing and waving. I truly can't believe that is going on inside of me. The baby was so active and it is such a miracle that it is OUR baby and in MY body! God has truly given us a miraculous gift!
So, here's what you've all been waiting for...
.jpg)
This is a side view of the baby. You'll see the head is on the left. You can clearly see the eye (round dark circle) and the nose and mouth. There is an arm behind his face pointing up from his nose. You can just barely see the 2 legs at the right end of the baby.
.jpg)
I had him take a picture of the baby from a little bit further away, because it may be easier for you to see the shape and form. Again, the head is on the left and you can see the arms sticking up, very clearly and the legs are a little fuzzy, sticking up on the far right. (The baby was stretching and bouncing and waving at us. At one point the tech just sat there and let us watch the baby move!)
Here's a clear picture of the legs from an angle looking at the baby's butt!! :-)Nathan would like to believe that the little dot between the legs means it's a boy, but there is no physical way to determine that yet. It isn't defined well enough for that. Our Doctor said if we could see it already than this boy was going to be famous one day! :-)
We still plan on waiting till the baby is born to find out the sex!!
Now...here is the benefit of having an OB who I worked with in the past and who we count as a friend. He give us the "VIP treatment" and basically wants to give us an US whenever we want and 3D Ultra Sounds for free. I also know the Ultra Sound Tech from working with him in the hospital in the past, so when we finished with our Ultra Sound, I was wiping the gel off my belly and our Tech said, hey, lay back down, I'll get a few 3D views for you. So, here are those. I know you may not be able to tell what they are, but we can. Even Nathan could see the baby clearly and it was so cool!!!
+-+(2).jpg)
In this, you can see the head on the upper right. You can clearly see the eyes, which are lighter and the mouth, which looks like baby is smiling.
+-+(3).jpg)
This is a side shot of the baby with the head to the right. You can see the arms and legs and even the umbilical cord in these 3D shots. It's just so amazing!!
So, again, we just want to thank everyone for their prayers for us the last few days and for your continued prayers for this pregnancy and this precious Gift of God!


1 comment:
Praise God! How fun to have the 3D pictures! I hope baby is a girl- there are too many baby boys at church. Claire needs some girlfriends!
Post a Comment