Another Project I was working on at the same time I was doing the Jewelry Organizer, was something to hold and organize Audrey's hair bows and headbands. Again, on Pinterest, I saw this, and thought it would be easy enough to re-create:
I found a large picture frame I had in a box of picture frames that either never made it back up in this new house, or have never been up, and we probably received them at our wedding. I didn't do any painting, as it was already a perfect cherry color to match Audrey's furniture. Just bought some ribbon at Joanne's, hooks, and they had some silk flowers on clearance that I grabbed to "pretty it up" a bit.
First of course, I took the everything apart, and just kept the frame:
Then I used Nathan's staple gun and hot glue to put in the ribbon. I wanted to do some thick and thin pieces of ribbon for the different size hair bows, and for a little artistic flair as well as one piece of ribbon horizontal to help stabilize the vertical pieces a bit.)
I cut a couple of stalks off the silk flowers, and glued them to the front of the frame:
Then, I drilled holes in the bottom of the frame to screw the hooks in:
After this, I used two of the hangers I had left over from my jewelry project and put drilled holes and screwed them in the back so I could hang it on the wall in Audrey's room. And the final product:
So, Audrey's bows and headbands went from being stuffed in a box:
To being displayed nicely in her room. Now it's quick and easy to see what I have and grab what I want to match Audrey's outfit:
I liked how it turned out, but I think I may need to add more hooks at the bottom at some point so more headbands will fit. For now it's works though.








1 comment:
I'm impressed with all of your projects! Audrey's display is so cute and I may steal your shadow box jewelry idea, genius!! Miss you!
Carrie
Post a Comment