Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Since We've Been Home

We have been having a lot of fun getting to know our little girl.  My mom blessed us immensely by coming and staying with us for about 5 days to help me out in the night times.  It gave me the chance to get a good solid hour or two of sleep in between feedings, because I wasn't worried about listening for her. Nathan also stayed home that first week, and it was so nice to have him around! My mom finally had to go home, but that doesn't mean I didn't try to offer her money to never leave!!  :-)  What an amazing help she was to me!

As much as I thought I was prepared, I definitely didn't remember how exhausted I would feel.  There have been a few rough nights where I have gotten no more than an hour or two of sleep and it is difficult to have any coherent thoughts!  But, I also have to say Audrey is so precious, and whenever I look in her sweet face it totally makes it all worth it!

So far, Audrey has been a phenomenal eater, which is wonderful.  We were praying for this, because for all of Judah's amazing qualities and laid back personality, he was always a lazy eater and it was always a battle.  So far, she has been a great breastfeeder which is wonderful.  She has a sweet personality, and I know they say smiles at this stage are just gas, but I swear she chooses to smile.  Especially, just as she's falling asleep, she smiles and even giggles to herself.  It is so cute! 

Judah has been a great big brother and a big helper.  He is adjusting beautifully and is curious about everything involving Audrey!  So, without further ado, let me share some pictures of our little girl and our family from this last week and a half...






Judah wants to try out everything of Audrey's...Remember when he used to be a little tiny baby sitting in this same bouncy seat?  How fast time flies!

Audrey's first sponge bath at home...She absolutely loved it!  Literally...didn't make a sound, no crying, nothing!





AND NOW FOR MY TWO FAVORITE PICTURES TO DATE:


Man, I sure do love these kids!  How blessed I am of the Lord.  When I used to cry out to the Lord and ask why we couldn't get pregnant, I came upon the verse in Psalm 113:9 - "He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD."  (I love how the King James Version states this verse.) Anyway...I used to hold onto this promise, and now I can say with unbelievable confidence that he has made this barren woman a joyful mother of children.  PRAISE YE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Murphys said...

So great Christy!! I loved the pics and the update!! We are very much looking forward to this Friday night to eat together, and hang out. The Lord is good, and I am grateful for a friend that clings to the Word and waits for the promises to be fulfilled. Thank you Jesus for precious Judah and Audrey!