Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 1, 2011

First Day in the Big Boy Bed!

Well, we started a pretty monumental transition today, from crib to "Big Boy" bed.  I have been talking to countless people about how to make this transition as easy and successful as possible for Judah and for us.  Here is what we are doing...we started the process last night by setting up his bed and making it a big deal.  We left the crib up in his room though, and still had him sleep in the crib last night.  Today, we are having our nap in the "big boy" bed and then will let him sleep in the crib for nighttime.  We will do this for the next few days and if he does well, then we will start doing the nighttime sleeps in the "Big" bed as well.

I have to say, for the first time falling asleep in his big bed, he did a great job.  We tried to make it as exciting as possible, but also let him know he wasn't allowed to get out of bed until Mommy or Daddy came to get him.  He nodded with excitement, then crawled into bed.  We could hear in the monitor that he was moving around a bit, and I was dying to see what he was doing (for the first time I wish I had one of those video monitors), and then all went quiet.  After it had been quiet for a while, I risked a peek.  This is what I found:



So, he fell asleep, the question is, how long will he sleep.  He usually takes a 2 to 3 hour nap.  We'll see how long we get out of him today! 

One other thing we got was a clock that turns green when it's time for him to wake up in the morning.  We had multiple people recommend this, as it gives them something visual they know they have to wait for since they can't tell time yet.  (Hopefully this will curb the waking up at 4 or 5am thinking it's time to get up...especially since it gets light so early now in the middle of summer.)

As the weeks progress...I will give you a status update and let you know how the transition went, or is going!  Please pray for Judah's tired and very pregnant mommy, that he sleeps well, so she can sleep well!  I will be getting enough sleepless nights in the very near future!  But....it will be for a very good reason!

1 comment:

Pauly Heller said...

How cute is that? He looks just like an older version of his baby pic!