Well, the time has passed for posting a funny comparison picture of the baby's size and information on his development as well as those belly pics I know you loved so much. I still have a belly, but there is no baby in there anymore!
Judah Nathanael Bentley finally made his appearance when I was 38 weeks and 6 days, so 8 days before his due date. He was born on May 2nd at 1:09pm after 17 hours of labor and 40 minutes of pushing. He weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 20.5 inches long.
My labor started with my water breaking when I was at home on May 1st at 8:20pm. I had been contracting for a few hours, but nothing painful and they were about 5-10 minutes apart. After my water broke, we got ready and left for the hospital. We arrived there at about 9pm and the contractions started getting harder and closer. I won't bore you with all the details, but basically I ended up starting pretty hard BACK labor around 9:30 or 10pm and I did that till about 5:30am the next morning when I finally decided to get an epidural. I had wanted to do this naturally, and Nathan was an INCREDIBLE coach, but the back labor was too much, and I was still only 2-3 cm at 5am and they were going to start Pitocin at 6am, since my water was broken, which I knew would make what was unbearable, excruciating.
Even though it wasn't in the original plan, I am glad I got the epidural, because I started dilating almost immediately. I went to 4 cm right after the epidural and about a centimeter an hour after that. I was 10 cm by 12:20pm and started pushing at 12:30pm. Judah was born at 1:09pm. So, all in all, for a first labor it wasn't too long and I didn't have to push for that long either. Praise Jesus!
We are all doing well, and aside from being sleep deprived are enjoying getting to know this precious boy. He is such a joy in our lives already. My mom has given me the greatest gift of all, by staying with us for the last few days. She helps take care of my house and meals, and the greatest gift she gives me is uninterrupted sleep. Granted I only get 1 or at the most 2 hours at a time, but it is good solid sleep, since I don't have to listen for Judah or be woken by his sounds. THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM!!!!
Here are some pictures of our precious son and our new little family...
Here is Judah on my stomach just seconds after being born
I can't believe I just did this!!

A few minutes old...getting checked out by the nurses.

The proud Daddy holding his new son.

Seriously...one of my favorite pictures!

Our new little family.

I might be a little biased...but he sure is cute!

The proud new Grandma's and the Grandpa's...Judah is the first grandchild on both sides of our family.

Some of my favorite people in the world!

This was my amazing delivery nurse, Ashley. She is a believer and truly made the experience everything I hoped it would be. Thank you so much for all you do and all you did for me, Ashley!

Judah is getting his first bath.

All nice and clean!!
5 comments:
What a precious little boy! He is so, so cute. You did a great job Mommy and Daddy!
Love ya,
Carrie, Nole and Cash
I am in such awe of what God has done for you. Judah is truely a miracle and a blessing for all who know you guys and what you have been through. I can't wait to meet the newest member of our family!!! We love you all! Congratulations!!!
Congrats! I hope you enjoy this time, even though it is also a trying time with sleep and all. I can't wait to meet him. We will be coming in August so my Judah and yours can meet. That will be funny.
I'm a little hurt that I wasn't on the list to be called when all this happened, but I'll get over it ;-) No, you aren't biased, he is beautiful and perfect! What great pictures, thanks for getting them up so quick! Can't wait to meet him when I bring dinner on Monday! Let me know if you want me to bake it before I come or if you'd rather I just bring it frozen in case you have too many left overs (it freezes great!)
Congratulations! I am so jealous of your first delivery. Mine was double your time. Such a HUGE blessing that you didn't have to be induced. I can't wait to hear about Judah's updates...and yes, he is beautiful!
Post a Comment