This week baby is the size of 5 pound bag of potatoes...

Here's what's happening with baby this week...

- The baby is 17 inches (43cm) long and weighs 4 pounds (1.8 kilograms).
- The diameter of the head is almost 4 inches (10cm).
- Under the skin the fat layer is getting thicker.
- The toenails and fingernails are completely formed.
- In boys, the testicles will be descending from the groin down into his scrotum.
During this time the baby sleeps most of the day. The uterus is getting to be a small space for the baby to move about, so you may have noticed a decrease in your baby's movements. The baby is still trying to move frequently but it just does not have enough room. The baby will turn its head from side to side and move its hands.
As space in your uterus becomes more cramped, your baby's kicks and other movements may seem less forceful. You may want to check on your baby's movements from time to time and do a kick count. If your baby is a boy, his testicles are moving from their location near the kidneys through the groin on their way into the scrotum.
Although your baby will still remain active, his days of trying out for Cirque du Soleil are nearly over. About this time your baby will settle into the head-down position in preparation for birth. Other fascinating facts:Both you and baby are putting on some serious weight at this point. You'll probably gain about a pound a week for the next few weeks, with half of that poundage bulking up baby. He'll likely double his weight in the next eight weeks.
Ever wonder what your baby is doing in there these days? He's busy blinking, looking around, grabbing things, making faces, practicing his breathing, peeing and listening to everything around him—pretty much exactly what he'll be doing for the first three months of his life, sans the adoring audience and the flashing camera.
Your baby may (or may not) have a full head of hair now. He'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.
Here's me at 32 weeks...
You may have noticed that I don't have my normal straight on pose to begin with. That is because when I was transfering the pictures from my camera to my computer, the computer I was working on, completely froze, and I had to reboot the program, and when I got it back, the picture was completely messed up. Literally!! It was cut into three different sections and in totally different colors. It erased the original off my camera card and this was all that I could find anywhere. OH well! These pictures were taken the same day as my shower anyway, and there are a lot of pictures from that day of me straight on!
This week not a whole lot has changed, other than feeling like I have no more room in my torso. I am pretty uncomfortable if I eat a normal sized meal, and am learning to pare it down and eat smaller meals more often. I have been continuing to do my yoga and stretching and help Nathan as much as possible with the remodel and the tasks around the house. (I like to say I'm helping with the remodel, but really I don't do much more than fetch things for him and help clean up or pick things up.) :-)
I can't believe how close the time is getting. This weekend I plan on beginning to research and find deals out there for the things we still need to get for Judah. I also need to start thinking about packing my "hospital bag" in the next couple of weeks as well. My goal is to have everything done by the time I'm 36 weeks, so if I "go" a little early, we're prepared, and if not, then I can enjoy those final weeks resting or doing little things, and not feel stressed that something isn't done. I really don't have a timeline for when I'd like Judah to make his appearance. I believe that God has designed my body to work as it should in the correct timing, and that He will be directing all aspects of the birth of this baby!
Nathan and I start our Bradley Method Birthing class next week, and we're excited for it. I read the book a few years ago, and re-read it again a few months ago. Nathan has also read the book, and been researching information online as well. He is excited to have the role of being my coach and is actively involved in learning everything he can. So, the class will just take us one step closer. We have a wonderful friend at our church who used to teach the class who is going to do it for us...which is such a blessing because I know her and love and trust her. (Plus it's saving us lots of money!) :-)
God has been so good to us every step of the way. He has been directing our paths and showing His provision in ways I couldn't even imagine!


2 comments:
Glad you are doing well, except for running out of space. I remember 32 weeks well, because with twins you are getting really close. It is more like the normal pregnancy's 36 weeks. Anyway I am glad I found your blog so I can hear all about everything and now it is so crazy because our boys share a name. It will be interesting to see if they will have any similarities in personality. Take care and I hope all goes well with getting the last things done.
Congratulations Christy! I will add your blog to my blog roll so that I can keep up to date with you and your family. Hope you are feeling well. God bless!
Post a Comment