Judah's 4th Year

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Audrey's 2nd year

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

22 Week Ultra Sound

We had the joy of seeing our precious baby again today! Once again, everything was measuring perfectly! In fact, baby is now measuring about 5 days ahead of schedule. The weight was coming out to 1 pound 4 oz and the heartrate was 151.

The ultrasound tech and our doctor said everything looked great. The heart looked perfect, the kidneys looked good, the bladder was great. She got a great view of the lips and nose and they were perfectly smooth, so no worries of cleft lip or cleft palate.

It's so amazing to see this perfect baby on the screen and I just can't wait to hold him or her in my arms!! It was funny today, because everywhere the tech would have the ultrasound wand and then move it, the baby would kick or punch me right there. I guess we were disturbing him/her!



Here are a couple of the profile pics we got. You can really see the nose and the lips perfectly...


Here is one shot where baby is looking directly at the camera, you can see the eye sockets and mouth and the 2 hemispheres of the brain...


My mom stopped by work today, because she was going out to lunch with a couple of the ladies from my office, for her birthday. She came by to visit me and we were talking about the doctor's appointment and the baby and she really wanted to see if she could feel the baby moving. I told her the baby had been really active a few minutes ago, but was quiet at the moment, but we could try, if she was patient.

So, she put her down low on my abdomen, because that's where I was feeling the most before, and I rested my arm on the top of my stomach to kind of push him/her down. (I'm finding when I rest my arms here, like when I cross my arms, I almost always feel the baby start moving around.

So, a few minutes later I felt a kick up high...which she of course didn't feel. She kept her hand low, but also felt up high and waited some more. Then after a few more mintues, the baby kicked down low right where her hand was and she felt it. Then he/she kicked 2 more times. My mom was so excited to finally feel this for the first time with her first grandbaby that she started crying! She was so overjoyed and said she just got the best present she could get. :-)

I'm so glad that the baby moved and she felt it. I didn't think I was quite to that point where I could have other people feel...unless you want to be really patient and wait it out. It's so inconsistent where and when I feel it! So, that was pretty exciting for both of us. I actually started to tear up when she did!

Another fun milestone!

No comments: